Are you searching for the best welding helmet for 2021? If your answer is yes then check this post here we have listed down some of the Best welding helmets under $100, under $200, and some best budget welding helmet, and the Best auto-darkening welding helmet for you. We have reviewed some of the big companies welding helmets like – Lincoln, Jackson, Hobart, etc.
Tip for Buying Welding Helmet
Tip-1: Don’t Go Too Cheap
There are lots of cheap welding helmets in the market today, but it is not recommended to go with the least price when you are just starting. There is a reciprocal relationship between quality and price. Everybody wants to save their money, but it is not a good decision to go overboard here and finally be disappointed.
Tip -2: Don’t Overpay for a Welding Helmet
There are lots of costly welding helmets on the market and even some cost upwards of $400. You should buy a good beginner’s welding helmet for around $50-$70. Until you want to upgrade quality in the future, that will work just fine for you. But remember that, some of the cheap welding helmets are made flimsy and may break on you eventually. So, you should sincerely choose your welding helmet.
Tip-3: Try to Buy Your Welding Helmet Online
It’s cheaper to buy a welding helmet online like Amazon.com. It’s not only cheaper but they also sometimes offer free shipping. Further, you don’t pay tax on ONLINE PURCHASE, if they are out of state.
Before purchasing, you should ensure the quality of the product.
Best Welding Helmet 2021
A welding helmet is a type of headgear that is used when people do a certain type of welding to protect their eyes, face, and neck from the flash burn.
Welding is a common work in every workshop whether you are a weekend warrior or a full-timer you will need a welding helmet to protect yourself.
The rays from welding points can cause damage to different parts of your body. It can harm the skin and eye retains which can ultimately cause blindness and other eyes complication.
One thing every welder user never forgets is to wear a Good welding helmet and Gloves. Not only it will protect your eyes from ultraviolet rays and infrared when using angle grinders but also it will provide you protection to the head from debris.
Helmets help you in the prevention of complication including red eyes, inflamed eyes, retina burns, and other physical harm which can be sustained in the workshop.
If you are in the market for New welding helmet then you have got your work cut out for you. There are a lot of options available and sorting through them all can become a very interesting task. If you are cutting something with a plasma cutter always try to have a Good welding helmet to protect your face.
To help you in searching for the best auto-darkening welding helmet we have gathered some information on the 10 best auto-darkening welding helmet for your welding purpose work. All welders need to protect their face, neck, and eyes from Ultraviolet Light (UV Light) as well as other potentially dangerous things like sparks and heat from the welding torch.
Without using a welding helmet a welder can suffer from ‘arc eye’ also known as welder’s flash. This is a condition caused by the cornea of the eye becoming inflamed as a result improperly protecting their eyes while welding.
Lincoln welding helmet 3350 is our top pick as this helmet is made of great quality. It does not burn or scratch easily, and you can move your head with freedom. The Lincoln Electric Viking 3350 helmet is highly recommended if you are looking for a comfortable feature quality helmet that has a large viewing area, excellent auto-darkening features, and sharp optical clarity. All these features make it perfect and it’s suitable for any type of welding job. The person who is engaged in a welding-related job they will enjoy while using this helmet.
Comparison Of Welding Helmets
|List of Welding Helmets||Viewing area||Ratings||Best Buy Amazon Pricing|
|Antra AH6-260-0000||3. 86″X1. 73″||9.6||Check Price|
|Lincoln welding helmet 3350||3.74″ x 3.34″||9.8||Check Price|
|Jackson Safety BH3||3.8″ x 2.7″||9.6||Check Price|
|Jackson Safety W40 Insight Variable Auto Darkening Welding Helmet||3.93″ x 2.36″||9.4||Check Price|
|3M Speedglas Welding Helmet 9100 with Extra-Large Size Auto-Darkening Filter||4.2″ x 2.8″||9.3||Check Price|
|Fibre-Metal Pipeliner welding helmet||2″ x 4″ Shade||9.2||Check Price|
|Miller Electric Classic||3 13/16 x 1 13/16||9.1||Check Price|
|DEKOPRO Welding Helmet||3.62’’ x 1.65’’||9.7||Check Price|
|Antra AH7-860-001X auto darkening welding helmet||3. 86X3. 50″||9.0||Check Price|
|Instapark ADF series GX-500S||3.63”X1.65”||9.5||Check Price|
Top 10 Best Welding Helmet 2021
Antra AH6-260-0000 Review
Best budget welding helmet
- This welding helmet has comes with a 3. 86″X1. 73″ viewing area which is really great.
- The shade selection range for the AH6-260 lies between 5-9 and 9-13. The light state shade is 4 which is slightly darker than Vikings.
- The headband is a great improvement over the old headbands this newer one will help you to provide both comfort and stability. The best part about this helmet is you don’t have to lift the helmet every time you stop welding and flip it down to start again
- This welding helmet has fully automatic power ON/OFF. So it’s a real advantage for the buyer as it will start on and off automatically.
- Antra welding helmet is lightweight so you will not face any difficulty in wearing it for the whole day in your workplace. The weight of this welding helmet is near about 1 pound.
- The helmet comes with an extra feature of a fully customizable LCD which will help to memorize the last setting that is used so that you don’t have to adjust it every time you put it on.
- The price for this top Antra helmet is around $50 which is a great deal for a durable and such a high-quality helmet.
- Antra ah7-360-0000 has automatic on/off switch.
- The viewing area of this welding helmet is really wide.
- It’s almost as inexpensive as the Honeywell.
- It also comes with quite a few replacement lenses, which sweetens the deal.
- It’s covered by a 1-year warranty.
- It’s not a well-known brand.
The special feature about this product
Cheaper and lighter than other auto-darkening helmet and it will start on and off automatically.
Antra AH6-260 is near about 6 times cheaper than Viking. If you compare Antra AH6-260 and Viking price-wise or feature-wise then you will see Antra AH6-260 is one of the best budget auto-darkening helmets in the market. But if you compare it with Lincoln electric then I will say you that it’s a reputable brand and Antra AH6-260 is not but Antra will provide you better features and better quality than Lincoln.
Lincoln welding helmet 3350 Review
- The viewing area of this Lincoln welding helmet black,3350 series has come with a 3.74″ x 3.34″ viewing area. As the viewing area of this welding helmet is large it will provide you a great facility in working.
- The headband of this helmet is a great improvement over the old headbands in comfort and stability. The best part is you don’t have to lift the helmet every time you stop welding and flip it down to start again.
- Lincoln welding helmet enhances productivity and safety which every buyer should look for as they will weld for a whole day safety should be the most essential part for them.
- It is a lightweight helmet which is really essential or rather important for the welder who wears it for a long period of time while doing work. The exact weight of this welding helmet is 3.2 pounds.
- The Lincoln Viking helmet manages to look great while being one of the safest helmets on the market.
- The Lincoln 3350 helmet provides excellent optical clarity as well as provides a very large viewing area by allowing the wearer almost total freedom of home movement.
- It has come with a grind mode setting that has been included so that you can have an appropriate shade for whatever light may be available.
- This particular welding helmet offers the benefit of removing the green tinge from the viewing window that tends to occur on the entry-level helmets that offer some level of automatic shading.
- The price for this top Lincoln welding helmet 3350 is around $250 which is a great deal for such a brand product.
- High-quality optics.
- Massive viewing area.
- 4c lens technology.
- It provides high-quality battery life.
- It’s a bit heavier in comparison to Jackson safety BH3 welding helmet whose weight is 19 ounces.
- This helmet has a black glossy coating that you can scratch easily.
A special feature in this product
The technology of the 4c lens leads the option in optical clarity and the viewing size of this helmet cannot be beaten by other helmets.
The Lincoln Electric Viking 3350 helmet is highly recommended if you are looking for a comfortable feature quality helmet that has a large viewing area, excellent auto-darkening features, and sharp optical clarity then Viking will be the perfect choice for you. I think Lincoln’s electric Viking 3350 is suitable for any type of welding job. But if you compare it with Antra AH6-260 then I will say feature-wise Antra is better but brand-wise Lincoln is better.
Jackson Safety BH3 Review
Best welding helmet for the money
- The viewing area of the Jackson BH3 welding helmet is 3.8″ x 2.7″. This quality lens will help you to give a variable shade with a wide viewing area.
- The Jackson Safety ADF has comes with a variable shade range from 9 to 13 to help shield and protect the wearer’s eyes from radiant energy during the time of welding.
- The ADF with blader technology will give you the clearest vision among any other auto-darkening welding helmet on the market.
- This helmet has only 2 arc sensor and it does not come with a grind mode as this model have a delay and sensitivity control.
- Jackson Safety BH3 is a lightweight welding helmet that is really great to wear for a whole day long during your work.
- The visibility and color recognition of this helmet is 1/1/1/1 cartridge that will offer across different viewing angles will surely blow your mind. Plus, it has ANSI Z87.1+ standards. The “+” sign indicates that it is certified as a high-impact model.
- The Jackson safety brand will surely offer you everything from safety glasses, gloves, and auto-darkening welding helmets to respiratory, eye, and face protection.
- The helmet will meet and exceeds a different safety standard that will surely guarantee its safety for anyone to use. It is a quality helmet, and the certifications of this helmet will surely prove it really great helmet.
- This welding helmet has comes with a high-density plastic shell that will help you to protect you from anything while you are working. It protects your head, face neck, ear from splatters, and sparks.
- Every single buyer will love Jackson safety BH3 welding helmet as it will provide you five years warranty.
- The price of this Jackson safety BH3 welding helmet is around $650 which is quite on the higher side but if you want quality then you have to pay for it.
- Very beneficial for beginner welder because of its durability and easy fit.
- It will provide you a five-year warranty.
- The helmet is easily adjustable without removing it with the help of a rubber grip.
- Pretty lightweight helmet-only 19 ounces.
- The product is slightly on the expensive side.
- It has solar power only no battery assist in this product.
The special feature in this product
This auto-darkening welding helmet features crystal clear visibility which you can’t find in other helmets.
The Jackson Safety BH3 has comes with a top range lens with high visibility and incredible clarity. It has a high sensitivity auto-darkening feature, which makes Jackson safety focuses, as its name suggests, on safety first. It will help you to protects the neck and the wearer’s face and sporting a high impact resistance. You can use this particular helmet in a variety of applications like Stick, TIG, and Mig welding.
Jackson Safety W40 Review
- The viewing area of Jackson safety W40 is 3.93″ x 2.36″ which means it will provide you a great wideness.
- A person who is looking for an auto-darkening welding helmet that offers industrial strength and lets you do the job safely the Jackson safety 4613 will serve the need for you very well.
- As this helmet has come with an auto-darkening filter for this you won’t have to worry about hurting your eyes while you are spending long hours on this work.
- The filter of this helmet does their jobs in lightening the shade and darkening as per the condition.
- It’s an advanced helmet as it comes with digital controls that are very easy to operate.
- Although Jackson is an industrial-grade helmet, Still Jackson safety 46131 can also be used by the beginners.
- Its lightweight means that it will be more comfortable than heavier models and the straps tightening mechanism works well and are easy to operate even with gloves. So those who will wear this welding helmet for the whole day will provide them great comfort as it is lightweight. The exact weight of Jackson safety W40 is 1.0 pounds.
- The 4 arc sensors of Jackson safety welding helmet are useful if you need to weld in tight spaces or somewhere with obstructions because even some areas are blocked the lens will still darken.
- The hood of this helmet is super comfortable and lightweight which decreases neck torment and strain head pains so you can concentrate on quality rather than trying to get the job done as quickly as possible.
- The price of this Jackson safety 4613 is around $150 which will give you the compliance you are looking for.
- This helmet has a lightweight and high-quality construction.
- It will provide you comfort after wearing it for a long session.
- Jackson welding helmet has a wide viewing angle.
- Jackson’s auto-darkening welding helmet has separate modes for grinding and welding.
- Users have complained about an unexplained delay in auto-darkening.
A special feature of this product
It suits a variety of welding applications that also include arc, TIG, and MIG.
It is ideal for the serious hobbyist and professional welders. If you are wearing a helmet for more than 10 hours a day then this helmet is for you as it’s lightweight and very flexible. The person who wants constantly to flip the hood up for them this helmet will be a perfect choice.
3M Speedglas Welding Helmet Review
- The viewing area of 3m speed glass welding helmet is 4.2″ x 2.8″.
- The speed glass 9100xx welding lens is the biggest lens in the speed glass arsenal. It can be found in at 2.8 × 4.2 inches (72x107mm) and along with the optical professional of the lens will rather provide your truthfulness.
- This helmet is perfect for the expert welding shields who need the convenience of superior security and a first-class auto-darkening filter with dark/light changes.
- The speed glass welding helmet brand is one that can be acquired and is the front for the majority of 3M’s welding helmets and hoods.
- These welding helmets will surely help you to protect the eyes and face in numerous ways. For starters, the helmet blocks welding sparks and spatter from reaching the eyes and face. The helmet will also help you to protects the eyes from exceptionally bright light and rapid changes in brightness, which can both stress and harm your eyes.
- The auto-darkening filter of this helmet will help you to reduces the need to flip the welding helmet up and down between torch placements, which will surely help you to boost productivity by reducing the stop-and-start time that is needed with passive lens welding helmets.
- It is a lightweight welding helmet. The exact weight of this welding helmet is 15.87 oz. (450g). So you can easily wear this welding helmet during your working hour.
- It has an ergonomically designed head suspension that offers wearing comfort and it has a side window with dark shade 5 filters which will help you in increasing the peripheral field of view.
- This welding helmet provides great lens clarity and performance.
- It is a fairly comfortable headgear, lightweight for an auto hood.
- This particular helmet is easy to remove the lens for cleaning and to replace cover lenses.
- Fantastic battery life.
- This helmet may be a little bit expensive but its extraordinary technology from 3M company will surely help you to improve your welding technique to a totally new level.
- You can use this auto-darkening function for up to 2.000 hours before replacing the new one.
A special feature of this product
This auto-darkening welding helmet has increased coverage for the head and ear.
The Speedglass welding helmet is durable. Its ergonomic features will help you to add a high level of comfort by reducing pressure on vital nerves and arteries and acupoints. This helmet will provide you the highest standard of reliability. So buyers can expect a long-lasting helmet from speedglass.
Fibre-Metal Pipeliner welding helmet
Best welding helmet under $ 100
- The viewing area on this Fibre-Metal Pipeliner welding helmet is more than 2″ x 4″ Shade.
- The fiber metal pipeliner welding helmet from Honeywell is specifically designed for a pipe welder. It is quite a compact helmet which makes it perfect for working in tight areas.
- The superglas plus material deflects spatter and sparks and this particular helmet is self-extinguishing. In addition, it is also moisture-proof and impact-resistant.
- The constant fit rubber headband is pretty easy to adjust and the free-floating arms ensure both stability and comfort.
- Its free-floating arms will help you to minimize pressure points for comfort and ensure the welding helmet in delivering good balance and stability while welding.
- The pipeliner of this helmet is moisture-proof and impact resistant to prevent cracks or chips or splits in even the harshest or in bad welding environments.
- The shade of this helmet has come with a 10-inch lens that will surely allows for clear viewing of the weld puddle and it will surely help you in providing maximum welding performance. The filters out ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) wavelengths will provide maximum eye protection.
- If you are looking for an auto-darkening welding helmet under $100 then Fibre metal pipeliner will be the perfect choice for you.
- Its exclusive ‘free-floating’ arms will help you to balance and stabilize the helmet while minimizing pressure points for long-wearing comfort.
- It is backed by limited periods warranty from the date of original purchase.
- Its compact design provides access to tight areas where other helmets would not fit.
- This helmet is made from fiberglass which is quite light but very strong which makes this helmet very durable.
- You can use this helmet in humid condition and is also resistant to impacts.
- The welding mask of this helmet provides a huge viewing area.
- The cost of this helmet is relatively low compared to the other auto-darkening helmet.
- This helmet does not work with a respirator so you cannot use this helmet to weld toxic materials.
- The lens of this helmet is passive and small.
A special feature of this product
The shell of this helmet is extremely durable, its impact resistant, will not allow the material of this helmet to split, chip, or crack.
This is known as an ordinary welding helmet which has a few adjustments to make it a good enough as a Professional welding helmet. While looking for the best auto darkening welding helmet I can assure you this particular model will provide you the value for your hard-earned money which you will not find in 3M Speedglas Helmet as its price is on the higher side.
Miller Electric Classic Review
- The viewing area of this welding helmet is 5-1/5 which is a large viewing area lens. This helmet works great. It is very lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- This auto-darkening welding helmet features dial operated controls for adjusting sensitivity and delay, a grinding mode, and auto-on/off power control of this helmet surely makes it a special one.
- The switching speed of this particular helmet is not the fastest at 1/10,000 sec which makes this helmet unsuitable for professional welders or those who do welding projects that will surely last for several hours.
- Even at a low setting, the sensitivity of the sensor is very high which gets triggered by sunlight outdoor.
- The shade of this helmet ranges from #8 to #12 however this unit only comes with a 2 arc sensor.
- Millers’ best auto-darkening welding helmet is backed by limited periods warranty to the buyers from the date of original purchase.
- Miller’s helmet is battery powered it comes with 2 AAA batteries, extra lens, and magnifying lens holder.
- This helmet works well which is fit wise fully adjustable and shading wise.
- This auto-darkening helmet has no on/off switch so you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn it on and flashing yourself.
- The headgear of this helmet worked fine with a great soft headband on it which helps to provide comfort to your eyes.
- This is a great helmet for beginners.
- Miller is a trustable brand.
- It comes with extra lenses and batteries.
- Backed by limited periods warranty.
- Has only 2 arc sensor.
- Its sensor is not good for outdoor welding but if you want a good sensor helmet then you can have Lincoln welding helmet 3350.
A special feature of this product
This auto-darkening helmet has a dial operated controls which help in adjusting sensitivity and delay, a grinding mode, and auto-on/off power control.
If you are looking for a helmet under $100 with some good feature then I think Miller will be a good choice as this helmet is going to offer you full coverage and free air circulation when it is worn. It is one of the most affordable welding helmet options, and its quality is astonishingly outstanding.
DEKOPRO Welding Helmet Review
- If you want to buy the best auto darkening welding helmet within a budget then this helmet will be an excellent choice as it has a large viewing area that is 3.62’’ x 1.65’’ which is great compared to other expensive helmets.
- This helmet is equipped with a delay and sensitivity setting which will help you to adapt in different weather conditions.
- This auto-darkening helmet comes with a funky skull and flame design which helps you to look stylish while you are engaged in welding-related tasks.
- The dek pro welding helmet is suitable for a long time working as it is balanced with an adjustable and fatigue-free comfortable headgear.
- This solar-powered welding helmet has come with an auto-darkening filter switching from light to dark in .00004 seconds which shows how fast its sensitivity is.
- The filter of this helmet has an auto-darkening mode which is solar powered for easier use and it increases environment friendliness.
- It’s ideal for all kinds of welding. This helmet is made with an attractive design that not only looks great but also functional.
- This helmet has comes with a long battery life of up to 5000 hours and solar panel power.
- This particular helmet is fitted with a practical and intelligent auto-darkening filter that has comes with the ability to quickly protect the welder from light and rays.
- It boasts a clear view of 7 square inches that is crystal clear for enhanced visibility.
- This helmet is backed by limited periods’ warranty to the buyers from the date of the original purchase.
- This helmet is built to work in a variant climate.
- It offers ultimate eye protection.
- You can adjust and assemble this helmet very easily.
- It has a perfectly working darkening screen and has a vivid looking graphics.
- It is suitable for a long time working as it is balanced with an adjustable and fatigue-free comfortable headgear.
- The only downside of this helmet is its durability it seems to be in question as it may break easily.
- This helmet needs proper maintenance and care to prevent an accident that might lead to damage.
A special feature of this product
The best feature of Dekopro is that it has an auto-darkening filter that switches from light to dark within 1/25000 second.
It’s a lightweight helmet that is easy and fatigue-free to enhanced comfort. You can say its the best budget auto-darkening helmet that is suitable for facility safety, maintenance, operation, and repair at a budget-friendly price tag.
Antra AH7-860-001X Review
- Antra AH7-860-001X provides 3. 86X3. 50″ viewing area. It is designed with carbon fiber a very expensive and new material in the market.
- The helmet has a fully automatic on/off which will help the lens to darken automatically before the light flashes. This particular helmet will help you to protect your eyes from any kind of damage.
- This auto-darkening helmet has a built-in solar panel which will enable it to continue working even in the case of a power outage.
- This particular helmet features four sensors that will help you to increase its coverage area. Antra helmet can be used for wide view coverage and is used for different purposes like MIG, MAG, TIG carbon arc, and plasma arc activities.
- The Antara helmets will help to fulfill users’ demand with its comfortable fit that was specifically designed for face protection and complete head.
- The light design of this helmet makes it comfortable to wear for long periods of time and it will help you to weld continuously without straining.
- It has a replaceable solar cell battery which will help you to adjust the power off delay setting if any buyers want to. The power-off delay setting 10 minutes by default.
- It is so versatile that it can be used on cutting, grinding and welding applications. It is a perfect upgrade from googles and fixed shade glass welding helmet or from a small size auto lens helmet which is available at a very reasonable price.
- Antra AH7-860-001X is backed by a one-year limited period warranty to the buyers from the date of the original purchase.
- The antra AH7-860-001X has a large viewing area that is fitted with four quality sensor and it will automatically darken the screen even before light flashes, therefore, it gives excellent protection to your eyes.
- The Antra AH7-860-0000 welding mask is made from high impact polyamide nylon which makes it strong and durable.
- The auto-darkening transition of this helmet is fully automatic and you can use the knob to adjust the delay and sensitivity of the lens.
- It’s a little faster than the other Antra model.
- The lens of this helmet is not dependable as a number of welders have got flashed in their eyes while using this welding mask.
A special feature of this product
- Its headgear is specially designed which will help you to provide comfort.
- It is made from high impact polyamide nylon that is both strong and durable.
The Antra AH7 has managed to offer a number of amazing functions at a reasonable price. This helmet will be a great choice both for professionals and for beginners. This Antra Ah7 will be an asset in your welding workshop.
Instapark ADF Series GX-500S Review
- The viewing area of this welding helmet is 3.63” X 1.65” which is really wide. As this helmet has a large viewing area you can use this helmet for TIG, Stick, and MIG welding.
- This auto-darkening filter greatly reduces the need to flip the welding helmet up and down between torch placements, which helps to boost productivity by reducing the stop and start time needed with a passive lens welding helmet.
- This is the best auto-darkening welding helmet with variable shades ranging from #9 to #13 and is powered by solar cell batteries.
- Its filter has a wide viewing area of 3.63” X 1.65” giving you a full view of your welding area and complete UV/IR protection.
- The Instapark GX-500S has a sensitivity of 0.06 milliseconds that’s twice as fast as Jackson safety W70 and Jackson safety W40 Still it’s nowhere nearly as fast as the Viking 3350 or the AH60-260.
- This helmet has only 2 arc sensor which is not surprising at this low price.
- This helmet is ergonomically designed and made of lightweight composite material, the ADF GX-500s features a custom fit made possible by padded interior and ratcheting headband.
- Like the Jackson safety helmet, this helmet is also solar powered not battery powered.
- This helmet is pretty much suitable for the hobbyist and the occasional welder.
- Its improved optics of 1/2/1/3 denomination deliver optimum optical clarity to minimize eye fatigue.
- This helmet will provide you comfort no matters for how many hours you are wearing this helmet.
- Instapark GX-500s is backed by a one-year limited period manufacture warranty from the date of original purchase.
- Backed by one year limited period warranty.
- Budget-friendly welding helmet.
- This helmet will provide you comfort no matters for how long hours you are wearing this helmet.
- Low response time.
- It maintains a pretty nice design.
- It’s not for the professional welder.
- Has only 2 arc sensor.
- It has a built-in solar panel but no battery assist.
Special Feature of this product
The helmet offers a great perspective and good viewing angles no matter how long or high you decide to wear it.
The helmet features dual arc sensors that activate the switch from light to dark. It’s preferable to have 4 sensors, but for this price tag, the auto-darkening welding helmets usually come only with 2. This solar panel helmet is a pretty low price helmet. It is suitable for hobbyists or occasional welders only.
Care and Maintenance of Welding Helmet
Regular care and maintenance for welding helmets are highly required. This is important to ensure the effective performance of the device as well as protection for the user. It is necessary to read carefully and follow the safety information provided in the operator’s manual and you should contact the manufacturing company in case of any doubt.
Remember that, poor maintenance can cause EARLY RETIREMENT for a welding helmet and it would add only additional cost for replacement. Welding helmet providers as well as any mechanical shops and operators who offer maintenance services can also provide assistance. But, doing the maintenance with your own effort is always better and saves money. Following guidelines will help you to care for your welding helmet –
Regular cleaning and maintenance are necessary for a welding helmet. Because dust can accumulates and covers the mechanical parts of the welding helmet.
You can easily remove the dust by taking off the cover and blow it with compressed air.
You should check your helmet regularly. The maintenance check could be performing weekly or monthly depending on your usage.
Sometimes the sensors are blocked either by dirt and grime on the outer protection plate or by an obstruction in the workplace. You should clean the plates often with a soap and water solution. If necessary, you should replace it. If necessary, replace your welding helmet batteries. Some Auto-darkening helmets have battery life indicators, so remember to note that. In welding helmet electronics are involved, so always keep your helmet dry and stored in a dry place.
Be sure you carry your welding helmet in a helmet bag. It doesn’t need to be anything fancy, but should at a minimum protect your helmet (especially the lens) from getting scratched.
Types of Welding Helmet
There are two types of welding helmet one with the auto-darkening welding helmet and the other with standard glass lenses
The auto-darkening lens does not require you to flip your helmet up and down during any kind of welding project which makes it ideal for both professional and beginner who perform the task of heavy welding. This type of helmet will surely help you to solves the problem of tiredness in your neck and helps in more accurate and high-quality welding.
An auto-darkening helmet is equipped with a sensor that will help you to note when you are not using the torch and remain inactive from welding.
Two types of auto-darkening helmet are available in the market they are fixed shade helmet and a variable shade helmet.
If you do a lot of heavy welding and work with similar materials of similar thickness using the same welding process then a fixed shade helmet will be a perfect choice for you.
But if you are working with various materials of various thicknesses and if you apply different welding process then a variable shade helmet will be a perfect choice for you. lincoln welding helmet 3350 offers you a variable shade helmet.
Standard Glass Lenses
The standard glass lens is also known as the passive lens it is quite inexpensive than the auto-darkening lens. It features a #10 lens with infrared coating and ultraviolet rays. This standard glass lens will surely help you in providing protection to your face, head, and neck which will only suit the darkness level and some forms of welding.
This helmet remains shaded all the time so you need to position the torch or inspect your weld with the helmet up and flip it down. This helmet is ideal for a beginner since it can be difficult to keep the torch in a proper position. If you are a home welder or if you do welding projects on occasion then you may find standard glass lenses is a suitable one. This is especially true if you only do the same type of welding projects on the same materials. A good example of this type of welding helmet is the Honeywell Pipeliner SuperGlas Plus Welding Helmet.
Tips for caring your shield
Unless it is the same model and you should know that no welding helmet is the same and you should know every welding helmet is different from the other helmet. If you want to get maximum durability then you should stick on a certain point which manufacture knows the best.
Do not put off Repair It is tempting to do the above, especially when you are going to drill a hole in your pocket. It will be far from advisable and your auto-darkening helmet not only has the ability to cause long term damage to the shield but also it can be the result of your physical injuries.
Should have careful storage You should have careful storage which is just as important as careful usage for a wide range of reasons. After using the helmet keeping it safely reduces the chance of damage to your auto-darkening helmet.
Best Welding Helmet – Buyer’s Guide
Notice at the weight of the welding helmet
Weight should be a serious issue for every people but especially if someone weld as a professional then the person should wear it for almost 8 to 12 hours then if that person buys a heavy welding helmet for him then it will be very tough to wear it for so many hours. You should also notice at the strain on your neck. You likewise need to ensure the knobs in favor of the helmet can support the weight when flipped up. There’s nothing more irritating than seeing your helmet gradually tumbling down while you’re attempting to do some work.
People often skip about the most important thing before choosing a product for him. But have you ever think that which welding helmet you will buy for you will it give you comfort or not? So before buying a welding a helmet for you should notice whether it provides comfort or not as it is a most important aspect.
The viewing size for light-duty auto-darkening welding helmet should be 6 square inches while helmets for industrial use typically have a viewing size of 9 square inches. You should always consider the viewing size if you are going to perform out of position welding task. Everyone knows that viewing size will improve visibility. So always try to have a perfect viewing size helmet.
Lens switching speed:-
This is the manner by which quick the auto-adjusting lens machine is. Distinctive head protectors have different modifying levels. Clients should concentrate on getting the speediest changing focal point machine to help in their occupations.
A best auto darkening welding helmet can be powered by a replaceable battery or a proprietary battery. The replaceable batteries of an auto-darkening helmet have a shorter run time but they are easier to replace. The proprietary batteries, on the other hand, have longer runtimes and service lives but it is more expensive to replace. The solar-powered welding helmet is also available which is not perfect for low light but they are cost-effective.
Number of sensors
Different head protectors have a diverse number of sensors. Clients should go for getting the protective caps with the highest number of sensors on the grounds that means more the number of sensors you will get a better scope of the item.
Fixed on your budget:-
You should remain in a fixed position while buying a welding helmet as if you spend $500 to buy a welding helmet for you then you will definitely find a quality welding helmet for you. But you should always remain within your budget at first you have to think about your financial condition then you should buy a welding helmet for you.
Advantage of Using Welding Helmet:
Usually, the welding helmet’s glass cover is darkened or tinted. So, you can see the part where you are pointing your welding rod even though there already have intense lighting. It prevents you from losing sight of your present work leading to more precise and accurate outputs.
The ultimate purpose of welding helmets is to avoid injury to your eyes in terms of foreign bodies or eye strain. Welding helmets fully cover your head and save your face from red hot foreign materials hit. Also, the protective tinted glass saves your eye from excess light radiation.
Increase Working Efficiency
Welding helmets also increase your working efficiency. Due to protective tinted glass, there is no longer a need to recover the intense light or to cover your eyes from time to time. So, now you can perform your work uninterruptedly and efficiently.
FAQ – Best Welding Helmet
The benefit of using an auto-darkening welding helmet is you can watch your work surface without flipping the helmet. It means the helmet will automatically prevent arc radiation which will, therefore, give protection to your eyes when welding.
An auto-darkening welding helmet uses a special lens, light sensors, liquid crystals, and electronics to change from a #3.5 tint to a #9-13 welding tint almost instantly. It has been invented almost 30 years ago.
The dimension of 3.5 to 1.75 inches in terms of height and length will be the perfect size welding lens. If you have ordinary welding jobs then it will be the perfect size lens for you.
For DIYers and for the most hobbyist 2 line sensor will be perfect. But if you are on a specific industrial regulation then you may need 4 line sensor.
An Adflo powered means an air respirator that is specially designed to meet your welding needs by providing continuous filtered air while wearing.
There is minimal chin movement that will be involved when using your welding helmet. The lens will help you to adjust itself automatically according to the job you are undertaking.
With the welding helmet, you can not estimate how long will your battery last. It is influenced by factors like how much time you are using the helmet. There are helmets that have solar cells that facilitate the darkening of the filter when you are working under the sun. If you constantly use your welding helmet then it will last for about 3 years.
Many welding helmets give the facility to activate the grind mode. But before buying a welding helmet you should be specific to what feature you may need to complete your job.
The warranty of the welding helmet varies according to the brand as the different brand will offer you a different warranty. Basically, a quality welding helmet offers 2-3 years of warranty.
If you are using the lowest price welding helmet then it will last for 3 years of constant welding but if you use higher-end helmets then you can use it for more than 5000 hours of continuous use.
Jackson Safety Welding Helmet is the best auto darkening welding helmet it will be more comfortable than heavier models and the straps tightening mechanism works well and is easy to operate even with gloves.
You should know that a range of welding helmets are built using fixed internal batteries, which can not be replaced usually assisted with a solar panel. They tend to need charging in the sunlight before use and after prolonged stored periods.
The Self auto-darkening welding helmet works more effectively. The auto-darkening helmets will only switch from light to dark when the arc ignites. the entry-level model speed glass 100v is an ideal auto-darkening helmet for people who only weld occasionally.
A flash burn occurs when you are exposed to bright ultraviolet (UV) light. It can be caused by all types of UV light, but welding torches are the most common source. That’s why it is sometimes called ‘welder’s flash‘ or ‘arc eye’. Flash burns are like sunburn in the eye and can affect both your eyes.
A good welding helmet is very important when doing any kind of welding. It will help you to protect the user from the radiation (UV, IF) emitted by welding arcs, and from heat and debris impact. A helmet with good optical clarity will surely contributes to the quality of welds, as they allow the welder to see the weld puddle clearly.
With non-auto-darkening helmets, you’re constantly forced to “head nod” to raise and lower the hood while welding, leading to neck discomfort, loss of focus, and lower quality welds. With an auto-darkening helmet, you won’t need to remove the helmet at all – in fact, many of the top brands even offer adjustment controls on the external part of the helmet, or as a separate controller this helmet can be adjusted without even removing your gloves. Now if that isn’t convenient, I don’t know what is!
These helmets will not only worth your hard-earned money – but also it will provide you a great look. In fact, some helmets look more like a work of art than a protective tool and also come packaged with welding stickers to further personalize to your taste.
So here we give the features of 10 best welding helmet of 2021 which will help the buyer to select a quality welding helmet for their work to solve any purpose. So it’s time to make a decision you should read all the reviews carefully before buying the welding helmet for your work. I think you will not find a disadvantage of the welding helmet.
Better pick one from our list as those are testified by lots of experts and mechanics. You can completely trust on those. Therefore, we also tried to gather the best welding helmet for the money as well.
However, the choice is yours! Nobody is forcing you to pick one from here. Whatever you pick just pick wisely. That’s all for now. Supremeten is always here to solve all your ten best product related problems. If you have anything in mind feel free to state. More essential product lists are coming soon. Till then:
Leave a Reply