Best hacksaw 2021 for all purpose use
Are you thinking of buying a hacksaw then you should also look for a hacksaw blade and hacksaw frame as both are necessary products if you buy a hacksaw for you? If you are a woodworker then you should buy a hacksaw blade for wood as it is pretty much necessary for a woodworker who has a hacksaw.
Best hacksaw for metal is basically used for cutting metal, plastic channels, and different materials. Its frame clamps a metal sharp edge between the nozzles, and a handle made of wood or plastic is situated toward one side.
A Hacksaw is a versatile type of saw useful for cutting a variety of materials for projects around the home.
Best hacksaw for wood is very much necessary if you are engaged in the field of work like wood cutting or carpentry types of work. It will help you in many types of cutting it may be during cutting wood. There are different types of Hacksaw handle in the market from there you have to select the best one for you or rather you should decide what type of hacksaw is necessary for you.
If you are engaged in PVC pipe cutting work then you can select a lightweight hacksaw for you as it will help in continuously cutting any material. If you are engaged with the work of electricity then Hacksaw for an electrician will be a smarter choice. If you are engaged with woodwork then you can use the hacksaw for wood which will help in cutting wood.
Comparison table Best Hacksaw[su_table responsive=”yes”]
Features of 10 Best Hacksaw 2021
DEWALT DWHT20547L 5-in-1 Review
Best hacksaw for wood
- The Dewalt DWHT2054L 5 in 1 hacksaw is our top pick. This is not a model from your grandfather’s hacksaw. This hacksaw features a five different configuration in a single frame which makes it really a great hacksaw.
- This hacksaw has a come with both blades and the 6 inches reciprocating blade does the task of storing nicely at the top when it is not in use.
- This 5 in 1 hacksaw will save you from buying five different kinds of tools which means that the odds are goods that you will always have the tool which you really need in your hand.
- This tool is incredibly sturdy which means you can hold this saw very easily and solve difficult jobs with the help of this saw. Without any kind flexing or bowling, it can be dangerous and this tool can ruin your cut.
- Dewalt dwht20547l 5-in-1 hacksaw is stout but comparatively heavy with other hacksaws of the same quality.
- This 5 in 1 hacksaw has a 45° or 90° blade angle which is used by this saw for standard and flush cut that really great.
- The best thing about this saw is it’s incredibly durable which means you can expect to use this hacksaw for many years after you buy it by expending your hard-earned money.
- The blade attaches to the front frame for long reach. The front handle becomes a jab saw.
- Dewalt DWHT2054L 5 in 1 hacksaw is backed by lifetime limited periods warranty which make this saw really a special one.
- Its grip is quite easy to grasp and is also rubberized.
- You will get 5 saw in one saw.
- It has a high tension securely holds the blade up to 330 lbs.
- The visibility of the blade is not great.
This 5 in 1 hacksaw has a 45° or 90° blade angle which is used by this saw for standard and flush cut. This hacksaw features a five different configuration in a single frame which makes it really a great hacksaw.
Klein 702-12 Review
Best hacksaw for adjustable blades
- Are You a professional saw user? If your answer is yes then I think Klein 702-12 high tension hacksaw will be a perfect choice for you. It will really help you in your professional task or work.
- Klein 702-12 high tension hacksaw is designed for the professional use this saw will provide you superior results by just utilizing less effort which makes this saw really a special one.
- The rugged heavy-duty hacksaw features an adjustable blade tension that is up to 30,000 PSI for fast and precise types of cutting any particles.
- The alternative 45 degree of this hacksaw is really perfect for flush types of cutting and you will find there are lots of front mounts for the reciprocating saw blade.
- When you will use this saw at that time if you notice the saw carefully then you can notice it has space which will help you to store the blade in the handle and this saw comes with a 12″ x 24 TPI bi-metal hacksaw blade and 6″ x 24TPI bi-metal reciprocating saw blade.
- Klein Tools 702-12 Hacksaw is backed by limited periods warranty to the buyers from the date of original purchase.
- If you are searching for a hacksaw within your budget then you can select this “Klein Tools 702-12 Hacksaw” as according to me it will fit in your budget.
- This hacksaw has a convenient blade storage in handle.
- It is a solid high tension hacksaw.
- It has a comfortable and rubbery grip.
Klein 702-12 high tension hacksaw is designed for the professional which makes this saw really a special one. use this saw will provide you superior results by just utilizing less effort.
LENOX Hacksaw Review
Best High Tension Hacksaw
- The LENOX Tools High Tension Hacksaw will be the right choice for getting the job done very quickly and accurately. The handle is soft and comfortable to use.
- The best thing about this Lenox hacksaw is that it uses an I-beam construction which will allow the blade to tension up to 50,000 psi.
- The rubberized handle of this hacksaw will allow you for confident handling even in a cole and wet environments which make this hacksaw a special one.
- This hacksaw is included with a 12 inches blade that has 24 teeth per inch which will ensure you a clean and straight cut that makes this hacksaw good cutting saw.
- You can add a reciprocating blade to the front to turn this tool into a jab saw. With the help of this saw, you can add up to five 12 inches blade which you can store in the I-beam for quick replacement on the jobs.
- Though this saw looks like a toy the best thing about this hacksaw is its made of sturdy cast and extruded aluminum, which make this saw lightweight and pretty much durable.
- The fast, straight and accurate cuts of this hacksaw will come easy. I think you should remain thankful to its I beam design that will allow the blade tension to be adjusted.
- The ability to convert this saw makes it twice valuable without raising the cost of this saw.
- Lenox hacksaw is backed by a limited period of warranty to the buyers from the date of the original purchase.
- It is made of sturdy cast and extruded aluminum, which make this saw lightweight and pretty much durable.
- The rubberized handle improved handling in wet or cold environments.
- It is a twice valuable saw.
- This hacksaw will not release the blade quickly.
Lenox hacksaw will be the right choice for getting the job done very quickly and accurately. The handle is soft and comfortable to use. The ability to convert this saw makes it twice valuable without raising the cost of this saw.
Park Tool Hacksaw Review
- The park tool hacksaw features a simple or traditional hacksaw and I think it is a great conventional cutting tool which you should have in your shop.
- All aluminum die-cast frame construction and its blade tension adjuster make this hacksaw really different from the other saw.
- Park tool hacksaw is a really nice hacksaw. It is much much lighter than the Klein hacksaw.
- This cutting tool has an aluminum die-cast construction which will provide you maximum durability and the12-inch bi-metal blade with a 32 TPI (teeth per inch) makes it a great cutting tool.
- This saw is included with one blade and it accepts any 12 inches hacksaw. All aluminum die-cast frame construction from this saw makes it great and provides a comfortable grip.
- It comes with a blade tension adjuster which makes this saw possible to vary the tension according to the cut or material.
- The better thing is it has a comfortable rubber handle which will help you to make it one of the best hacksaw to have at your working area or in your home.
- It is backed by 12 months of limited periods of warranty to the buyers from the date of the original purchase.
- It has a blade tension adjuster.
- Its rubber handle is nice and grippy.
- Great conventional cutting tool.
- The handle base is pretty sloppy.
The parks tool hacksaw features a simple or traditional hacksaw and I think it is a great conventional cutting tool which you should have in your shop.
Stanley STHT20138 Review
- If you are looking for a most affordable hacksaw then Stanley STHT20138 will be the best choice for you and it is the most affordable hacksaw in our top 10 list.
- The Stanley 12 inch solid frame hacksaw will allow for 4.375-inch cutting depth and this saw has the ability to handle many cutting applications.
- People who want both comfortable operations and smooth cuts for your pro and DIY jobs for then this handsaw will be the appropriate choice.
- This hacksaw has come with fixed frame design and the frame has an all-metal construction which ensures that it will last for many years.
- You can notice the price of this saw is on the lower side but this saw still cuts well and it performs better than many other saws that are pricer than it.
- With the help of this saw, you can adjust the blade to 90 degrees and 180 degrees which really makes flush-cut pretty much possible than the other saw.
- Stanley STHT20138 hacksaw has a large and pretty much comfortable tension knob with a full-grip handle that helps and protects the knuckles.
- Stanley STHT20138 is backed by a limited period’s warranty to the buyers from the date of the original purchase.
- Provides more than 4 inches of cutting depth.
- It has a full-grip handle that helps and protects the knuckles.
- Its bright yellow handle makes it easy to locate.
- Its handle is not as comfortable as rubberized ones.
If you are looking for a most affordable hacksaw then Stanley STHT20138 will be the best choice for you and it is the most affordable hacksaw in our top 10 list.
Lightdot hacksaw Review
- This hacksaw had earmarks of quality manufacturing with strong, lustrous enamel-coated frame and conveniently molded plastic hand-grip makes it really a good hacksaw.
- This saw has come with a non-slip handle which will make this saw comfortable to hold even for more than an extended period of time.
- The saw blade is made from high-quality stainless steel, that will provide the buyer hardness, high strength, sharp and durability in a blade.
- Though the hacksaw is specifically designed to cut through metal, you can sometimes use this saw to cut wood or plastic.
- The anti-skid handle of this saw can reduce hand’s fatigue which will help you to greatly save your strength and this saw will also improve user’s work efficiency.
- This hacksaw is pretty much lightweight and flexible this saw is pretty much convenient to work both for indoor and outdoor.
- Lightdot hacksaw is backed by limited periods of warranty to the buyers from the date of the original purchase.
- The good thing is it has got 4.4 ratings out of 5 from more than 45 customer that means it has good customer rating.
- It is pretty much convenient to work both for indoor and outdoor.
- This saw is both lightweight and flexible.
- Come with a non-slip handle.
- Its durability is not up to the mark.
This hacksaw had earmarks of quality manufacturing with strong, lustrous enamel-coated frame and conveniently molded plastic hand-grip makes it really a good hacksaw.
Stanley 15-113 12 Review
- If you want to use your hacksaw for heavy-duty purpose then I think Stanley 15-113 12 hacksaws will be a perfect choice. The fully adjustable tension holds the 12-inch blade up to 32,000 PSI for fast, accurate cuts and longer blade life.
- The quick-release and blade changing mechanism in the handle help to maintain the tension setting and it has an easy to access tension guide are on the handle lever.
- This hacksaw will deliver you a solid platform and good stability with the help of a square frame which makes this saw really a special one.
- This saw has a blade changing mechanism in the handle that will help you to maintain the tension of the hacksaw setting which will provide you easy access guide on the lever handle for working.
- If you are looking for a hacksaw to cut steel then without having any doubt you can have Stanley 15-113 12 hacksaw its really a great metal cutting tool.
- This hacksaw will reback your every single penny as its worthful saw and this saw is very easy to maintain.
- Stanley 15-113 12 is backed by a limited lifetime warranty to the buyers from the date of the original purchase.
- It has got 4.3 ratings out of 5 from a good number of buyers which makes it a good saw at $32.
- Stanley 12-Inch High Tension Hacksaw delivers good stability and a solid platform.
- Pretty much easy to maintain.
- It has a quick-release, blade changing mechanism.
- I have checked thoroughly still I did not find anything.
If you want to use your hacksaw for heavy-duty purpose then I think Stanley 15-113 12 hacksaws will be a perfect choice. The fully adjustable tension holds the 12-inch blade up to 32,000 PSI for fast, accurate cuts and longer blade life.
Lenox 975 mini hacksaw Review
- Lenox hacksaw frame with a 10-inch blade features a rugged heavy-duty aluminum handle and a 10-inch hacksaw blade.
- This hacksaw will help you to cut a wide variety of materials in tight spaces which make this saw really a special one.
- Lenox 975 mini hacksaw is constructed of die-cast aluminum. This hacksaw is designed for hard to get at places.
- Lenox 975 mini hacksaw has the capability to resist breakage and this hacksaw is designed for the hard to reach areas.
- If you have smaller kinds of jobs for this Lenox 975 hacksaw is fantastic. You can’t do the smaller kind of jobs with a large hacksaw. It is an incredibly strong saw even though it’s lighter in weight.
- You can use this hacksaw on most metal applications which are included with an unhardened stainless steel metal and tool steel.
- The frame of this hacksaw is made form a lightweight aluminum and the included 10-inch steel blade is rated for the medium type of metals.
- It is backed by a limited period of warranty to the buyers from the date of original purchase.
- It is an incredibly strong saw even though it’s lighter in weight.
- Strong saw even though it’s lighter in weight.
- Designed for the hard to reach areas.
Lenox hacksaw frame with a 10-inch blade features a rugged heavy-duty aluminum handle and a 10-inch hacksaw blade. It is constructed of die-cast aluminum. This hacksaw is designed for hard to get at places.
Klein Tools hacksaw Review
- The Klein tools high tension hacksaw is designed with a professional user in a mind. If you want a hacksaw for professional use then I think Klein tools will be the appropriate choice for you.
- Klein tools hacksaw will help you to serve your dual-purpose which makes it just different from the other hacksaw.
- The blade of this hacksaw will quickly convert to a 90 degree or 45 degrees for standard or flush-cut applications.
- You can very easily adjust the blade of this hacksaw with its plus cut features and the best thing about this saw is it’s well built with good steel and it will provide you a good finish.
- This saw has a great grip to use two hands in order to get an accurate and clean-cut and this saw also has an aluminum finger grip handle in the back and on the front end of the saw.
- The set screw of this saw will allow you for storage of extra blades and this saw will secure blade for jab sawing.
- You may have an encounter with issues while cutting any kind of heavy metals but for order cutting it will perform an excellent job.
- Klein tools hacksaw is backed by one year of limited periods warranty to the buyers from the date of original purchase.
- It has an easy blade adjustment plus the flush cut feature.
- It has a great finish and a good grip.
- Backed by one year of limited periods warranty.
- It will face problem to cut heavy metal.
The Klein tools high tension hacksaw is designed with a professional user in a mind. If you want a hacksaw for professional use then I think Klein tools will be the appropriate choice for you.
Greenlee 333A Review
- Greenlee’s die-cast aluminum hacksaw has a large throat which will enable you in deeper cut and makes handling pretty much easy.
- This hacksaw is designed with an over-molded and rugged for heavy-duty use and comfort. The fully adjustable blade tension goes up to 30,000 PSI for longer blade life and provides faster and safe cuts.
- The handle of this saw is made from a heavy-duty aluminum which makes this saw brake proof with a tubular back which will allow you blade storage.
- If you want to cut aluminum and pipes then I think Greenlee’s 333A will be the perfect choice for you.
- The frame of this hacksaw will help you to keep the blade in the right orientation and though this saw has a problem with durability it will serve its purpose for the periods.
- The adjustment lever makes the blade tensioning a snap and convenient which makes this saw pretty much easy to maintain.
- The bimetal blade design from this hacksaw provides a long cutting life and flexibility which make this saw really a great.
- Greenlee’s A is backed by limited periods of warranty to the buyers from the date of the original purchase.
- It is great for cutting pipe and other metals.
- It has a convenient adjustment lever.
- Backed by limited periods of warranty.
- It has a problem in durability.
Greenlee’s die-cast aluminum hacksaw has a large throat which will enable you in deeper cut and makes handling pretty much easy. If you want to cut aluminum and pipes then I think Greenlee’s 333A will be the perfect choice for you.
Buyers guide of Best hacksaw 2021
- At first you have to notice at the quality of the blade of the hacksaw as if you does not imply or put a quality hacksaw blade then it will be very tough to cut a hacksaw. Choosing the wrong blade could result in it snapping and shattering.
- Then you should notice at the gripping of the hacksaw it is also very much necessary as if you have better gripping then it will help you in your work and it will also give you speed in your work.
- Then at last you should compare with the quality of the hacksaw blade and the price of the hacksaw blade which will give you better idea in selecting a best hacksaw for you.
How to maintain hacksaw properly?
Here i will give you some tips about how to maintain a proper hack saw they are as follows:-
Safeguard your hands:-
You should wear gloves in your hands before cutting with a hacksaw as it will provide you safety while you are using hacksaw in any type of cutting .
wear defensive glasses:-
When you are cutting any type of metal then you should not only protect your hands but also you should try to protect your eyes. Any small material from your cutting metal can come into your eyes which may affect your eye. So from my point of view to get a protection you should wear a glass in your eyes.
Always keep your hacksaw in a right place after usage:-
If you keep your hacksaw in the wrong place then it may cause you an injury to you or to a family member of your household. If you clean your hacksaw in a daily basis then you can prevent it from any kind of rust.
So here we give the features of 10 best high tension hacksaw of 2020 which will help the buyer to select a quality Starrett hacksaw for their work to solve any purpose. So it’s time to make the decision you should read all the reviews carefully before buying the hacksaw for your work. If you are satisfied with this hacksaw you can recommend it to your friends and relatives.
Frequently Asked Question
Will hacksaw cut metal like stainless steel?
Yes, hacksaw has the ability to cut stainless steel. you should use your hacksaw slowly while cutting Tungsten carbide hacksaw blade.
How to safely use a hacksaw?
You must place cutting material firmly for using safety hacksaw. Before starting a cut or push a short stroke after putting the saw’s central teeth on the cutting line and continuing to cut until it’s done.
What is the other tools related to hacksaw?
Other handsaws related to hacksaw are ripsaw, backsaw, keyhole saw and coping saw. Cheap hacksaw is available in the hardware store but it’s uncomfortable with various problems like blade wandering, annoying sound and quite hard for cutting through a straight line.
How do you use a hacksaw safely?
- At first, you have to choose the correct blade for the material being cut.
- Then you have to secure the blade with the teeth pointing forward.
- After that keep the frame properly aligned and keep the blade rigid.
- And at the end use the entire length of the blade in every cutting stroke.
Can a hacksaw cut through steel?
Yes, hacksaw can cut through steel, plastic, and wood. The benefits of owning a hacksaw is it’s one blade can cut through steel, wood, and plastic.
What are hacksaw blades made of?
Hacksaw blades are generally made up of high-speed steel strip rolls and carbon steel. Hacksaw blades are generally made up of quite brittle so you should take care to prevent brittle fracture of the blade.
Can you use a hacksaw on wood?
Yes, hacksaw can be used on wood. You can insert the blade both on perpendicular and parallel way. It is specifically designed to cut through wood, metal, and plastic.
What kind of hacksaw blade cuts metal?
A bi-metal hacksaw blade is ideal for cutting metal. The bi-metal blade cut metal including unhardened tool steel and stainless steel.
What can a hacksaw cut?
Hacksaw originally cuts metal but it can cut various other metal also such as wood or plastic, Electrician and plumbers often cut PVC pipe with the help of hacksaw.
Can a hacksaw cut through nails?
Yes, hacksaw can cut through nails easily. If you want to cut through the shank of a nail or screw then you have to use the metal cutting blade.